Law Office Of Paul L. Urich, P.A.

law exclusively. 407-915-0842

We practice CONSUMER BANKRUPTCY law exclusively. 

One of the top Bankruptcy Filers

in the Orlando Area

One of the top Bankruptcy Filers

in the Orlando Area

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Bankruptcy Overview
  4.  » Tax Debt Relief

Tax Debt Relief Attorney

Tax debt can result in a nearly insurmountable financial obstacle for individual tax filers, families, and business alike. Fortunately, filing bankruptcy is an efficient and effective way to achieve a fresh start and get the IRS off your case. At the Law Office of Paul L. Urich, P.A., in Orlando, Florida, our lawyers offer a free initial consultation to explain whether your Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or Florida state tax debts can be discharged by filing bankruptcy.

Since 1998, attorney Paul Urich has helped thousands of people find relief from debt, including tax debts. Our firm is built on his experience and we are ready to help you explore every option for obtaining debt relief. To arrange your free consultation to discuss how to discharge tax debt, call 407-915-0842 or contact our Orlando law firm online.

What Tax Debts Are Dischargeable?

Both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy can be used to eliminate or restructure tax debts. In order for tax debt to be dischargeable the following criteria must be met:

  • The debt must be at least three years old
  • Tax returns in question must have been filed at least two years prior to bankruptcy
  • Tax assessment must have taken place at least 240 days prior to bankruptcy
  • Filer has not been implicated in tax evasion or tax fraud

State and Federal taxes can be confusing. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for answers to your questions and guidance about the debt relief options available to you.

What If My Tax Debt Is Not Dischargeable?

If your taxes cannot be completely discharged, we may be able to provide relief by creating a tax payment plan that will allow you to repay the taxes at a lower interest rate than the IRS would otherwise charge. We may also be able to get your IRS penalties reduced. Filing bankruptcy can also stop a foreclosure action by the IRS to collect back taxes.

Contact a Kissimmee Lawyer For Advice On Discharging Tax Debt

Free tax debt relief consultation: Call 407-915-0842 or contact our law firm online to discuss your case with a Florida bankruptcy attorney at no charge.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.

Bankruptcy Overview