Advocating For Consumers In Bankruptcy Filings For More Than 25 Years

Seek Experienced Legal Help When Stripping A Second Mortgage From Your Home

Borrowing against the equity in your home made good financial sense a couple of years ago. House values in central Florida were skyrocketing and banks were encouraging people to take on a second mortgage or home equity loan to meet other pressing financial needs. But as the economy started affecting the job market and the housing market plunged, millions of homeowners just like you began facing the reality of not making their increased monthly mortgage payment.

Under Florida law, if your house is worth less than your first mortgage and your second mortgage has no equity, Chapter 13 bankruptcy will allow you to restructure your debt and strip the second mortgage from your loan amount. Stripping your second mortgage can only be done under certain specific circumstances and may require a property appraisal and a valuation hearing.

To learn more about restructuring your debt through Chapter 13 bankruptcy, or eliminating your debt through Chapter 7, contact the Law Office of Paul L. Urich, P.A.. I practice exclusively in the area of consumer bankruptcy law and have helped hundreds of clients keep their homes and car while getting out from under the heavy burden of consumer debt.

Is Bankruptcy Right For You?

When we sit down to talk about your personal finances, I will explain the bankruptcy process and tell you what to expect after bankruptcy. Many people try everything possible to avoid bankruptcy because of the social stigma the credit card companies talk about. Before you go through the frustration of negotiating a mortgage modification or the humiliation of losing your house to foreclosure, let me show you whether stripping your second mortgage is an option.

Don’t Wait To Seek Legal Help – Contact Me Today

From my Orlando office, Law Office of Paul L. Urich, P.A., I serve clients throughout central Florida. If you’re facing financial trouble, you may have more options than you realize. I can explore those options with you during a free initial consultation. To claim yours, call me at 407-915-0842 or reach out online.

I am a debt relief agency. I help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.

Bankruptcy Overview