Law Office Of Paul L. Urich, P.A.

law exclusively. 407-915-0842

We practice CONSUMER BANKRUPTCY law exclusively. 

One of the top Bankruptcy Filers

in the Orlando Area

One of the top Bankruptcy Filers

in the Orlando Area

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Bankruptcy Overview
  4.  » Wage Garnishments & Lawsuits

Attorney To Stop Wage Garnishment

If you are being threatened with wage garnishment by a creditor, filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy will prevent further action by your creditor or employer. You will continue to receive full wages earned throughout the legal proceedings. In the event your wages have already been garnished, the money is often not sent directly to your creditor. Your employer may be holding the money, pending the outcome of the bankruptcy. You are entitled to recover all of the money held in the account.

Free Initial Consultation

You work hard for your money. You don’t have to let a creditor take it away from you through wage garnishment or by a lawsuit to seek a judgment against you. Talk to a bankruptcy attorney at the debt relief Law Office of Paul L. Urich, P.A.. With offices in Orlando, we fight to protect the rights of people with debt problems in communities throughout Central Florida.

Don’t Wait to See What Your Creditor Will do Next

Too many people faced with wage garnishment in Florida wait to see whether the creditors will really go through with it. Trust us. They will. Filing a lawsuit to recover money through wage garnishment is an expensive process for creditors and typically a last resort. It is also one of the options that is easiest to prevent. Talk to us about your financial circumstances. Often, we are able to negotiate a way to avoid garnishment. In many cases, bankruptcy to restructure or discharge your debt is the best option. Don’t lose another night’s sleep over your debt. Get the relief you need.

Our debt relief services include:

What If Your Wages Are Already Being Garnished?

If there is a writ filed to prevent wage garnishment, your employer may be withholding your earnings, but not sending the money directly to your creditor. After all, your employer doesn’t know how a judge may rule and your boss doesn’t want to be charged with contempt. The money may be held in a kind of savings account and can be returned to you after your bankruptcy has been discharged. But, you have to fight to get it back. Let us help.

Contact Us To Get Your Paycheck Back

Free consultation: Call 407-915-0842 or fill out our contact form to discuss your case with a Florida bankruptcy attorney at no charge.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.

Bankruptcy Overview